Certified Home Health Aides Part Time
Certified Home Health Aides: Part Time: 7am- 3pm & 11pm-7am
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Implement the care plan established by the Registered Nurse, or other Professional.
- Notify the Registered Nurse/Supervising Nurse of patient’s progress/lack of progress and the need to adjust the care plan.
- Promptly report changes in patient’s physical and/or mental status.
- Use personal safety, including but not limited to good body mechanics.
- Administer or assist patient with personal care, hygiene and grooming, including bath or shower, hair, skin, mouth, and nail care.
- Monitor and record vital signs.
- Assist patient with elimination using bathroom, commode, bedpan, or urinal.
- Assist patient with safe transfer and ambulation activities.
- Assist patient with prescribed exercise after instruction by the Registered Nurse or Physical Therapist.
- Assist patient with dressing or undressing.
- Assist with household services that are essential to the patient’s home health care.
- Observe appropriate safety measures.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Be an active member of the multidisciplinary team by participating in patient care conferences, Quality Assessment activities, and care teams as assigned.
- Other tasks/duties as needed to complete the plan of care for the individual patient.
- Must be a Certified Home Health Aide
- A recognized New York State Home Health Aide certificate obtained by completion of a Home Health Aide program, competency evaluation and supervised practice.
- Two years of experience as a Home Health Aide and prior homecare experience is preferred.
- Twelve hours of continuing education on a yearly basis to maintain certification.
- Valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation.
- High School Diploma
Excellent salary and benefit package includes:
- Tuition assistance up to $3,000. Per year.
- Generous paid time off.
- Pension 403B Health, dental, vision and flexible spending offered
- Supplemental insurance offered.
- Life insurance, vacation, sick days and tuition reimbursement.
Apply at LutheranCare: 110 Utica Rd., Clinton, NY 13323 or on-line, www.lutherancare.org E.O.E