Maintenance Worker – 2nd Shift Free Health Insurance & Full Time
Full time Maintenance Worker Working 3pm-11pm
- Performs general maintenance functions such as painting.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Basic electrical (removing and or replacing components and trouble shoot areas needed for repair) When needed supervised by Maintenance Mechanic and operations manager for safety reasons.
- Basic plumbing (removing and or replacing components and trouble shoot areas needed for repair)
- Lubricates, cleans or adjusts parts and equipment.
- Operates fire alarm system, extinguishers, and other building safety systems when required.
- Sets up and uses drill press, bench saw, and hand operated electrical tools and safety guards.
- Removes snow from walks, fire exits, steps, driveways and parking areas.
- Runs errands within and outside of facility.
- Transports residents to and from outside activities.
- Assists in trash and garbage collection, incineration and/or removal from the buildings.
- Conducts periodic maintenance as needed.
- Maintains grounds including lawns, shrubs, and trees.
- Performs and documents preventative maintenance on scheduled equipment.
- Works other shifts as directed.
- Attends all safety-related in-service classes as required by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Adheres to the requirements of the LutheranCare Ministries Network Safety Program.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during working hours.
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personal.
- Communicates with the other departments.
- May be asked to work beyond normal working hours.
- Attends and participates in in-service educational programs, maintains required hours
- High School graduate with courses in shop, or GED, mathematics, mechanics, electricity and general science.
- At least five years’ experience in the building trades.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Familiar with the safe and proper use of related equipment
Free health care, dental and vision coverage for full time employees and family health coverage benefits for part time employee. E.O.E.
Apply at LutheranCare, 110 Utica Rd., Clinton, NY 13323 or on-line, www.lutherancare.org