Director of Therapeutic Recreation
Full Time Position - Director of Therapeutic Recreation
It shall be the responsibility of the Director to oversee the planning and implementation of goal oriented group and individual recreation programs in all areas that meet the assessed needs of all residents in order to maintain or improve the resident's physical, social, emotional and mental wellbeing in a manner that meets all Federal and State regulations, and standards of practice for therapeutic recreation, and which exceeds the resident's expectations.
Basic Duties Include:
- Oversees the development of a monthly recreation schedule for each unit which is based on resident assessed needs and expressed interests.
- Plans and coordinates facility-wide recreation events and outings.
- Schedules and coordinates entertainment events and maintains access to community resources.
- Oversees the implementation of specialized recreation programs for the dementia, young adults, sub-acute Rehab, and other special populations to meet their assessed needs.
- Coordinates recreation programs with other disciplines, solicits support, schedules internal and external transportation and works with the Volunteer department to secure volunteer assistance as needed.
- College degree in Therapeutic Recreation or other related degree required.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or Certified Activity Director preferred.
- Three years prior experience in Therapeutic Recreation programming and documentation in a long-term care setting required with one year supervisory experience preferred.
Excellent salary and benefit package includes:
- Health, dental, vision and flexible spending offered.
- Supplemental insurance offered.
- Generous paid time off.
- Pension 403B – employer match.
- Tuition assistance up to $3,000. Per year.
Apply at: LutheranCare, 110 Utica Rd., Clinton or on-line at www.lutherancare.org. EOE