Helping Hands Vision
The goal of LutheranCare's Helping Hands program is to enable the people of our community to continue living independently for as long as they are able. Through compassionate care, staff helps those in need maintain their independence and quality of life. Companions provide services which respect self-determination, fully recognize individuality, privacy and the importance of community integration as well as respite and peace of mind for those caring for a loved one.
“Our parent began to require help with tasks like cooking, grocery shopping and doing the laundry and we couldn't fill these needs ourselves. We called Helping Hands and they tailored a program to fit our needs. They are professional and flexible as well as warm and caring!! We highly recommend them to others facing similar challenges.” - Kathleen
“My mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease and dementia over a year ago. Helping Hands has made it possible for us to care for Mom in her own home. Knowing that Mom is safe and has a caring home companion to talk to and assist her with daily tasks, has made it easier for me to focus on my job when I'm at work and to worry less when I'm at home.” - Meg P.
Discover LutheranCare's comprehensive home companion service, Helping Hands. Helping Hands is designed to complement the already existing quality programs and services that LutheranCare provides as well as to address an identified need in our community. Currently, the geographic area served by Helping Hands encompass Oneida, Herkimer and parts of Lewis & Madison Counties.
- Companions are Fully Insured & Bonded
- Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Flexible Scheduling based on Family Needs
- Consistent, Reliable, Well-trained staff
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Simple In-home Registration Process
- No Long-term Contract Required
LutheranCare’s Helping Hands offers a broad spectrum of services in the comfort of your own home.
Our home companions:
- Provide transportation to, and accompany on, doctor's and hairdresser's appointments, grocery store visits and other venues;
- Prepare meals;
- Shop and run errands for those who cannot;
- Provide companionship through conversation, entertainment & other activities;
- Offer reminders regarding medications & prescriptions;
- Perform light housekeeping duties including cleaning, bed-making & laundry;
- Assist with pet care;
- Maintain calendar of appointments, correspondence & telephone calls;
- Assist with morning & evening routines and grooming/dressing;
- And many more services which meet the individualized needs of the client!!
For more information on the
Helping Hands Service at LutheranCare,
please call 315.235.7143 or email us.
|Download the Helping Hands Brochure »||Download the Helping Hands Poster »|
No video selected.